Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Oven Cleaning With Only Baking Soda and Water


It requires time and effort for me to source good quality foods and grow organic vegetables in my garden, so the last thing I'm going to do is undo it all by cooking in an oven full of toxic residue left behind from commercial oven cleaners.

A couple of years ago, I switched to using homemade cleaning products. There may be numerous toxins in our environment that I have no control over, but even though this is the case, I prefer to keep them out of my home as much as possible. Homemade products often work out cheaper, especially when compared to boutique 'eco friendly' products, and remove all risk of little fingers getting into highly poisionus substances when I'm not looking.

Cleaning the oven is usually being a task I dread, however the simplicity of this particular method was surprising.......

Things you Need:
A spray bottle filled with water
A shaker filled with baking soda

What To Do: 
Spray the water over the walls and bottom of the oven
Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda throughout the oven
If there are any dry patches, dampen with a little more water
Leave for Several hours
Wipe clean

No comments:

Post a Comment