Poor Lucy, she has been cutting teeth this week. It's been a painful experience for her with all the classic symptoms of swollen gums, red cheeks, nappy rash, general grumpiness.
I always like to try my best to keep her away from anything unnatural, she's only 9 months old and this means that any chemicals or harsh ingredients will effect her more strongly than an adult. So, here are a few ways we have gotten through the week....
- Amber Beads: I don't really know for sure if these work, or if it's just a placebo effect. Apparently the naturally occurring oils have anti-inflammatory properties and these are released when the amber is warmed up against the skin.
- Cold vege slices: Cucumbers, capsicums and celery are nice and cold for sore gums.
- Cornflour: And nappy-free time for nappy rash.
- Soft rubber toys: to chew on.
- Weleda teething powder
- Extra sleep time: I've just been going with the flow here, teething is hard work so an extra little nap has been needed some days.
P.S any other natural teething tips out there??....I may need a few more up my sleeve for when the next ones pop through!